Monday, June 1, 2015

En Plein Air: A Puddle in the Park (Oil, 12 x 9)

The rain didn't stop till dawn this morning, so it was still cloudy and dark outside when I got up. I decided to go to the Forest Park in spite of the fact I knew there were chances of rain again. When the road in the park went uphill and eased to the left, I noticed a puddle on the roadside reflecting the lamppost and the trash can which was actually an oil drum which it was a common practice for the forestry management to use for garbage collection. I immediately set up and began to paint. Alas, I forgot my medium! So I made a painting with paint directly from the tube. Including the setup the whole thing didn't take as long as an hour. I had to call it a day when the rain was getting heavier.


No comments:

Post a Comment