Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Croquis Cafe -- A Useful Tool for You to Train Yourself in Drawing


If you are interesting in portrait or figure painting/drawing, Croquis Cafe is a very useful tool to you (http://www.onairvideo.com/Croquis_Cafe.html). It is On Air Company's product published online every week. If you click the subscribe button, they will notify you each week. Otherwise, you have to go online to get it. On each video clip, a nude model, varying in gender and age, will pose several 1-minute postures, a 2-minute one, and a 5-minute one. During intervals they will adviertise their art supplies products and ask for donations. Of course, it's up to you.

The one I worked with today is their Week 98 video clip with a model named Tamara. Tamara is a middle-aged woman and a little age-appropriately chubby. As a matter of fact, I love to work on models in their natural state no matter if they are tall or short, heavy or lean. How many people look like Cindy Crawford in real life? 

For me, 1-minute pose is for training myself to grasp the image with a few simple lines. 2-minute poses allow you to show some relationships. Today, I tried ink-wash for the 5-minute pose. I am sure I could do better if I practice more. 

In self-training, a wooden figure mannequin will help.

1-min.

2-min.

2-min.

2-min.

5-min.



3 comments: