Monday, December 2, 2013

Sketches on New York Subway




 
 
 
 
I went to see an old fiend of mine in New York today. I drew quite a few sketches on the subway. I selected four of them to share with you on the blog. Of course, there are some uncompleted ones. Many a time when new passengers boarded the subway and happened to stand between me and my subject or my subject suddenly stood up to get off the subway before I could finish the drawing. For instance, if you turn the third sketch posted above 90 degrees clockwise, you'll see an unfinished figure of a lady holding a pole. As a matter of fact she was part of what I had planned to draw: the lady, her husband and their child in a stroller. Unfortunately, a guy with a backpack who just boarded the subway came in between. Therefore, I turned my sketch book back to vertical position and drew him instead from the back.
 
 
The temperature is getting warmer. Even though my arm has not fully recovered, I don't want to wait any more. I plan to paint the Forest Park tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment