Saturday, September 14, 2013

En Plein Air: First Presbyterian Church, Ft. Myers

Oil, 9 x 12
 
 
Originally, I planned to paint Louis St. just under the I-75 Highway Bridge over the Caloosahatchee River. I was told and also saw in Google map, it was beautiful there. Unfortunately, I didn't get there. First, there was an 18-wheel truck jack-knifed on the road and blocked the traffic. After everybody circled around it, I found the place didn't look like Google Map indicated. I stopped a forth-coming car to ask. The driver told me that it used to be really beautiful but someone bought the river-side property and it has been fenced in. No-one could get there any more. Therefore, I continued driving on Highway 80/Palm Beach Blvd. until I hit Centennial Park. I didn't want to paint boats again. Remembering the church I passed by before, I decided to paint it today.


No comments:

Post a Comment